I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. It’s just a little too girly for me. Plus I don’t like the idea of having to romantic just because of a silly holiday. But…. I do love making things with my kids. So this year I’m trying not to be such a scrooge and decorate a little bit. I loved how my candy corn wreath turned out. It was on my door for at least a month and I only lost about 6 candies, so I decided to make one using conversation hearts.
This is how I made it:
1) I took a straw wreath, conversation hearts and electrical tape.
2) I wrapped the tape all around the wreath
3) Then I used hot glue and glued the hearts onto the wreath
4) I alternated the hearts each row
Here’s the whole thing covered. It took three bags (from the dollar store)
5) To protect the candy from the weather, I used a acrylic glaze
6) I sprayed two layers of the glaze onto the hearts.
7) I added some ribbon and hung it on my door
And just like that, I have a fun Valentine’s Day wreath!
Here’s a close up…. no more “call me” hearts now they say “text me”. Ha!