I saw this idea to make jeans into a skirt and I thought that I would give it a try. I had the prefect pants, they are so cute but the crouch was just too high. It’s also perfect for those jeans with holes in the knees!
This is how I made it:
1) I took my jeans
2) I cut them to the length I wanted the skirt to be
3) I then cut up the seams on both sides
4) I then put the two fronts together and sewed them together.
5) I did that to the back, but left a little v at the end (so I could walk in the skirt…)
6) Then I ruffled some black fabric and sewed it all along the bottom of the skirt
7) Then I made three ruffles in the back of the V and sewed those on
8) I then took a 2″ ruffle and sewed it onto the skirt, to cover all the edges
9) Then I just took a piece of fabric and sewed it onto the inside of the skirt, to secure the ruffles in the V
And now I have a skirt with pockets (that’s one of the worst things for me about skirts, not pockets!)