It’s October now and it’s time to really decorate for Halloween. This past weekend I got out all of my Halloween decorations and put them up. Then I decided that I need more :). So I made this pillow.
This is how I made it:
1) I cut two pieces of fabric. I cut them 17″x17″. I used felt because that’s what I had on hand, but you could use whatever.
2) I then cut some heat transfer vinyl into circles. I used the apple green and black t-shirt vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
3) I ironed the circles onto the felt. First I ironed on the green and then lifted up the plastic just a little bit and put the black circle underneath. Then I ironed it all.
Here are the two eyes for the mummy.
4) Next I took the other piece of fabric and laid it on top of the one with the eyes. And then sewed the three sides together.
5) I turned it right side out and then stuffed it with some pillow stuffing.
6) Then I sewed the bottom to close it.
7) Next I took some strips of burlap and hot glued it onto the pillow. I was very random when I did this.
8) I covered the whole pillow.
And just like that, I have a fun mummy pillow!