I have seen a lot of candy corn decorations going up, so it got me thinking. After much thought, I came up with this. I was going to make two of them, but then my patience ran out 🙂
This is how I made it:
1) I took a Styrofoam cone (I got mine from the dollar store) and lots and lots of circles out of felt. My circles were 2″ in diameter.
2) I folded the circles in half and then in half again. Then I pinned the top of it into the cone. I then worked my way up.
3) I continued up and then switched to orange.
4) I finished the orange and then switched to white felt.
5) Once I got to the top, I cut a little wavy circle for the top out of the white felt. I glued it into the top to hide the pins
And just like that, I have a fun candy corn 🙂
Super cute!! Feel free to link this up at my 10 Crafty Days of Halloween linky party: http://vanessascraftynest.blogspot.com/2011/10/10-crafty-days-of-halloween-link-up.html
This is really cute and unique! I have a "thing" for candy corn, so I was drawn to it immediately 🙂 Saw you at Sweet Peas and Bumblebees.
I think this is a really creative idea! thanks for sharing!
Very cute & genius project idea! 🙂
I featured this on my "things I like thursday" post today, here's the link:
So cute! I keep seeing versions of the candy corns pop up everywhere and they're all so cute! I might be giving them a try! Thanks so much for linking with us at Show & Share!
This is so cute… I love felt!
ADorable decoration! So glad you shared it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
Now that is really cute and easy enough to create!!