Ever since I got my watch from Chunky Bling, I have really liked having a watch again. So of course I had to have a different color watch. As much as I love brown, it just doesn’t go with everything. Like my awesome red pants. So I decided to get me a red watch face from Chunky Bling and make a watch band out of safety pins.
This is what you are going to need:
safety pins (my were medium sized)
stretchy cord, you can’t see it in the picture
This is how it made it:
1) I took the safety pin and put bead on the side that opens and then closed it. I did it very random, each pin had 3-5 beads on it. I didn’t use glue but if you can if you want to.
2) I filled up 20 pins
3) Then I put the clips onto 2 safety pins, these are going to be the ends and connect the band to the face
4) I started with the pin that had the clips and treaded the cord through the end. I then looped back, through the hole to make sure the cord didn’t move.
5) I then thread the cord through the sides of the pins. I alternated the pins so one side didn’t have all of the top. Sorry for the blurry picture, didn’t realize it until it was too late…
6) I did that for the rest of the pins and ended with the safety pin with the clips. I then tied the cord and glued it to the back of the band. That’s it! I didn’t measure the length of the band. I just added the pins and measured my wrist as I went.