My baby turned 1 on 11-11-11 this year, so we had a day of 1’s! I decorated with 1’s. This decoration was completely free for me, I had everything on hand and it was super easy and cute :).
This is how I made it:
1) I traced and cut out the number 1 from a cardboard box.
2) Using felt I cut a lot of circles. I had it folded so when I cut one circle, it was actually 4. It saved me a lot of time.
3) I folded the circles and then glued them onto the cardboard.
4) I continued to do that until the 1 was covered.
5) I then cut a circle out of yellow felt.
6) I cut the circle into a long spiral, I just kept cutting the circle until I got to the middle.
7) I then wrapped the spiral around itself and glued it together to make the flower.
8) I added two more flowers and some pearls.
And now I have a cute decoration for my baby’s birthday party!