This year I am really trying hard to get more organized. I have come to realize that with kids, you have to have a spot for things to go and with mine, they have to their names on it. So I made this coat rack for their coats and backpacks.
This is how I made it:
1) I took a board that was 8″x36″ and then cut some fabric to fit over it
2) Now for the names. I used Silhouette‘s heat transfer paper and my Sihouette to cut them. When doing it, I mirror the images, so that they came out the right way. I then peeled of the excess paper
3) I then positioned it where I wanted it to go
4) I laid down another piece of fabric and ironed it for about one minute.
5)I waited for it to cool and then peeled off the plastic
6) I did this for all four of my kids
7) I then stapled the fabric onto the board
Here it is without the hooks
8) I then screwed a hook under each name and then put some hardware on the back to hang it up.
And there it is, hanging up in my entry way!