It is so much fun making flowers out of fabric!! Here are two flowers that you can make by using circles! Both are super easy!
For the 6 petal flower, I got the idea here.
This is how I made it:
1) I traced out 6 circles on the back of my fabric. These were about 3 inches in diameter
2) I then cut out the circles
3) I then folded one of the circles in half and then in half again
4) With a needle and thread, I sewed the bottom and pulled the thread tight. I then sewed back and through the last of the petal to make sure it stayed nice and tight.
5) Using the same thread, I did the same thing for the next petal
6) I continued to sew all of the 6 petals. I then sewed the first and last petal together to make a circle in the middle.
7) To cover the circle in the middle, I made a rosette (tutorial here) with the same fabric and glued it on. Then I glued it onto a clip.
For the circle flower
This is how I made it:
1) I cut out 5 circles, each about 2 inches in diameter
2) One circle is the back and 4 others are the petals. I took on circle and folded it in half and then folded it in half again. Then I put the tip in the middle of the bottom circle and sewed it into place
3) I then did that for the rest of the petals
4) Add a rhinestone or button in the middle to hide the thread and then put it on a cute little girl!
So cute! I have a lampshade I need to spruce up….maybe it needs some flowers!
So Cute, I can't wait to make some of these.
Rachel @ Mr.Onesock
So cute! No girls here but a few nieces I could make those for!
Thanks for the link back! I really loved that material you picked. That blue is really pretty.
How cute it is…love it…love the sweety girl more then flowers…after all girls are also as cute flowers…hmmm..proud to be a girl…hahaha
So pretty and cute. A new follower from Thrifty Thursday blohop. See you in my page…
You can visit here
Very nice. Baby is beautiful! Best wishes. Linda
Adorable! I don't think I've seen this method before. So cute.
Wow. The flower looks really great! I love it! Two thumbs up! Fat quarter bundles
I love your fabric flowers and your models are cute too! Thank you joining Masterpiece Monday. Mary :O)
These are too stinkin cute! I especially love the Pink one on the cute little girl! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!