Enter to win a Silhouette machine here!!
I have always wanted to have a little vinyl family on my car. I just think that they are so cute!! I just really couldn’t figure out exactly how I was going to do it. I was jumping up and down when I saw that on Silhouette’s online store, they had several stick figure people! I finally could do it!!
This might be a pretty boring tutorial for some people, but I actually had no clue how to use vinyl. The first time I heard the words “transfer paper” were a couple of months ago. I just had no clue. So I thought if I didn’t know how, then there are people more people out there that don’t know how.
So this is how I made it:
1) Using my Silhouette software, I bought 4 images from the online store and arrange them the way they needed to be
2) Then I loaded the vinyl in (without a mat!)
3) I pushed cut and it cut the images. Then I took off the excess vinyl. You will have to go really slow when doing this!
4) Now it’s time for the transfer paper. Peel off the top (fuzzy looking) layer and place it onto the vinyl. I used a popsicle stick and rub all of the images.
5) I then peeled the transfer paper off, the vinyl was now stuck to it. I placed it onto the back window of my car and rub the whole thing with a popsicle stick. Here’s a tip, you can reuse transfer paper, so don’t throw it away!
My favorite part about the vinyl is the fact that you don’t have to move the images or words anywhere. You can just set it up exactly how you want it on the computer, nice and straight and that’s how it will look when you transfer it!