Do you remember my post where I made a 1 out of cardboard and felt. Well I loved how it turned out. It didn’t cost me anything, plus I have a ton of felt left over from the Angry Birds costumes, so I decided to make something for Christmas. So I made a big NOEL to put on my wall. It’s bold and big (each letter is about 12″x10″) and I love it!
This is how I made it:
1) I cut lots and lots of circles out the felt
2) Next I cut out NOE out of cardboard. I reused the 1 and made it a L. Then I glued the circles onto all the letters.
3) I added some flowers to each letter. For the flower on the O and E, I cut several petals out of the felt. I made two sizes.
4) I folded them on the straight side and glued them onto the letter.
5) I hung the letters up on the wall with painters tape.
And now I have a fun Christmas decoration that didn’t cost me anything and I got rid of my extra felt! 🙂
Here is a close up on the flowers. I decided to add yellow too, just for some extra color 🙂