My two year son really likes trains right now, (what 2 year boy old doesn’t love trains?) so I decided to decorate his room with trains. I love how his train turned out, it’s so big and fun on the wall!
This is how I made it:
For the tracks
1) I first I took some real train tracks and put them together to figure out what I was going to need.
2) Then with my Silhouette, I cut out several tracks. I used my black Expressions Vinyl.
3) Then I arranged the tracks on the floor, before I put them on the wall.
4) Using transfer paper, I put the tracks on the wall. I had my real tracks right by me for a guide.
5) As I built the track, I pulled back the transfer paper and exposed a little bit of vinyl so I could line them up perfectly.
6) I continued to build the tracks. I left the straight bottom until the end. Then I connected the two sides together.
Now for the train
7) I cut out a train, wheels, clouds and a rail road crossing sign out with my Silhouette. I used colors: ice blue, tree-lime green, red, yellow, black and white of Expressions Vinyl
8)Using transfer paper, I put the train on the tracks.
9) Once the train was up, I put the wheels on, I just stuck them on without paper.
10) Then I added some white windows.
11) And lastly, I put a rail road crossing sign up.
I love it!! It looks so good on the wall too.