It's fall and that means it really time for Halloween decorations!! I don't decorate for a lot of holidays, but I do like to decorate for Halloween! So I came up with this for my front door.
This is how I made it:
1) I took a 2x4 and cut it into 5 pieces (I had them cut it at the store, I love that!). They were 18", 10", 9" and 2 that were 8"
2) I painted the wood lime green
3) Then I added some outside black vinyl from Expressions Vinyl for the hair. Then I added a face out of vinyl.
For the mummy:
4) I took a plain piece of wood and added a strip of black vinyl.
5) Then I took some some yellow outside vinyl and cut them into circles with a punch. Then I added some black circles for the eyes.
6) With a glue gun, I added strips of burlap to the wood. I just wrapped the burlap around the wood until it was all covered.
For the ghost:
9) I painted the wood orange
10) I added a face with the vinyl
11) Then I added a thick stick and raffia to the top. I just glued it on.
For the base:
12) I painted the wood black
13) Then I added the vinyl that I cut with my Silhouette out of orange Expressions Vinyl
14) I then glued the bottom of each character and then placed it onto the base
15) Next my husband drilled a hole into the bottom of the wood
16) Then him and my two year screwed some long screws into the bottom it.
And now it's there to greet everyone that comes to the door!
I used vinyl for the faces, but you could easily paint them on too.